Friday, June 26, 2015

That weird popping sound

I was at the museum yesterday doing the volunteer docent thing and found myself wondering what that weird popping sound I could hear in the distance might be. Then I had a chance to listen to the radio: the Supreme Court ruled 6-3 to preserve the Affordable Care Act.

"Well," thought I, "that explains it. Tea Party heads are exploding."

I've heard and read a few comments indicating that the commenter was surprised by the 6-3 decision. I wasn't. Chief Justice Roberts is a pragmatist more than he is an ideologue. He's also a corporatist. He wasn't going to do anything that would hurt the insurance industry or big business in general, and, despite all the rhetoric to the contrary, the ACA has been good for both.

1 comment:

  1. they are giving them CPR right now for the marriage act passing.

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.